LLC Converter (Full Bride, Synchronous FETs)
The LLC converter is a resonant converter that can achieve ZVS operation (primary side switch) and ZCS operation (secondary side switch) simultaneously. It achieves low noise and high efficiency by generating a sinusoidal current waveform with the switch network and resonant circuit.
This circuit consists of a full-bridge switch circuit on the primary side and a center-tap transformer on the secondary side using FETs instead of diodes. This type of configuration is commonly used for relatively high power (around several kW).
- Same semiconductor devices
- Series resonance between Cr and Lr
- Lr is sometimes implemented as the leakage inductance of the transformer
- Voltage control is done through frequency high complexity design
- Soft switching is defined by magnetizing inductance Lm, not function of the load.
- Efficiency around 98% suits Titanium!
- Frequency 100..200 kHz
|Product Category||Product family||Product Number||Feature|
|Primary Side (HV)||600V SJ MOS||PrestoMOS (JNx series)||excellent switching behaviour (low Qrr, short Trr)|
|Secondary Side (LV)||100V MOSFET||RQ3P300BH||100V MOSFET in small HSMT8 package|
|40V MOSFET||RS1G300GN||40V MOSFET in HSOP8 package|
|Gate Driver||HV side||BM60212FV-C||Dual driver, ideal for half- and full-bridge topologies.|
|LV Side||BD85506F||Synchronous rectification controller IC|